Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch Repairs
offers full appraisal services for insurance documentation done by a gemologist,
Tom Smith, Graduate Gemologist. Our appraisals utilize state of the art
appraisal software to generate a completely professional and easily readable
appraisal that includes a color photograph of every piece.
How much is this
We get asked that question every
Most people dont realize that a single
piece of jewelry can have several different values depending on what is the
intended purpose of that value.
Maybe someone wants to sell an item and
needs to know what a piece of jewelry sells for or maybe they just need to
insure it. Maybe they just want to know if they got a good deal.
Bring in all of the items you have
questions about. Our certified appraiser will go over with you what is the best
way to value your items. She can give you a written report for the
insurance company or if you plan on selling the item on eBay, jpeg pictures and
documentation for your stones and metal.
Appointments are not necessary but are
appreciated. You may walk in at your convenience on Tuesdays, Thursdays
and Sundays and watch while the information for your report is gathered.
You can take your jewelry home with you when the discovery part has been
finished and the report will arrive within several days in the mail.
If you intend to insure your jewelry,
following here are the 25 questions to ask your insurance agent. We
recommend you print it and use it when you are talking to your agent about
insuring your valuables. Most people believe the myth that if you have a
homeowners policy, it automatically covers your jewelry. You must
schedule it separately or you will be very disappointed if you have a
25 questions you should ask
your agent before you buy insurance:
1. Is an appraisal necessary for full
2. Will I have an easier time if the
appraisal is done by an independent appraiser rather than the jeweler who sold
3. What is the difference between
scheduled and non-scheduled coverage?
4. What is the deductible? Will the
price of the policy go down with a larger deductible?
5. Does my policy cover me for all
risks? (robbery, mysterious disappearance, or damage).
6. Am I still covered if there is
negligence or carelessness on my part?
7. Is it covered when in the possession
of someone else?
8. What if only the center stone falls
out or is damaged?
9. If there is a loss, do I have a
choice of cash or replacement?
10. Can I use my personal jeweler or do
I have to use a jeweler designated by the insurance company?
11. If I use an insurance-designated
jeweler, will I be allowed to verify the replacement with an independent
12. If I decide to take cash, will I
get the full appraised amount?
13. Is there a difference in limitation
between jewelry and sterling flatware?
14. What happens if I lose my jewelry
while I am out of the state or country?
15. Can I purchase partial insurance
and how much will it cost if I can?
16. Is depreciation or inflation taken
into consideration when there is a loss?
17. How often should I have a valuation
18. Do I get a discount on my premium
if I keep my jewelry in a safe?
19. If I lose the center stone, do I
have to turn in the whole ring to settle the claim?
20. What if the lost item is antique or
21. If I elect to take a cash
settlement, will I receive enough replacement cash if my jewelry has increased
significantly in replacement value?
22. What proof is needed to justify a
23. What are the different types of
24. Are there any
25. What is the pair and set
Still not sure about jewelry insurance
appraisal? Contact us at FAST FIX at the Wolfchase Galleria to have all
your questions answered by the experts.
Being in the jewelry business, we hear
countless stories of customers who have lost irreplaceable highly sentimental
heirloom jewelry to loss or theft. Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch Repairs
encourages all of its clientele to spend the time to have all pieces valued over
$1,000 fully appraised and insured. For reliable, reasonably priced
jewelry insurance, we recommend Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company.
Click here for a hyperlink to
their web site.